Monday, January 7, 2008

X-Mas Crocheting

I spent the months of Oct-Dec madly crocheting items for neices/nephews and other family members for Christmas gifts.

I made hats for all of my husband's neices and nephews, of which there's quite a few. I made a hat for my nephew and then made some American Girl doll clothes for my two older neices (hats, scarves, pants, a jumper and a dress), and then hats for my youngest neices. Then I made this coaster/cozy set from a crochet magazine for my husband's mom and step-dad, my mom, my step-daughter's mom, and my sister's mother-in-law. I had intended on making all of them a set of two, but I was under the wire and just barely got done with one of each for everyone (except my husband's parents-since there was two of them). I had wanted to make my two youngest neices (both toddlers) these cute piggyback animals that I purchased patterns for online (http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7636820) but unfortunately ran myself out of time! And due to running myself out of time, I did not get pics of the cute little cloche hats I ended up making my little nieces, and didn't get any pics of the coaster/cozy sets... but I am in the process of making one for myself, so I'll post a pic of that when I get it done here in the next couple of days.
So now I'm back to all the projects I started or wanted to start (or finish) before Christmas! :) I started a shawl for my 10 year old daugter - I was thinking of making shawls for all the nieces but after starting the one for my daughter realized that it would take way too long! Maybe I'll start now for next year ;) And I have one baby blanket for my baby daughter that is almost finished - I have one strip left to sew on... I didn't really like the way it turned out anyway... so it's been on the backburner for quite a while now. I should have made the new year's resolution of finishing all the projects I've started ;)

No comments: