Tuesday, January 19, 2010
I had just enough of the 2nd skein left to make a matching hat!
I also started knitting this hat a week or so ago... coming along, but of course I keep getting sidetracked with sweaters and socks and such ;)
And I love a challenge, and finally figured out how to use the dpns! So decided to try my hand at a pair of socks!! Scary ;)
This was about the 3rd or so hat that I knitted - the first one was a baby hat (translated from dpn's to straight needles!) - the second one was for my older daughter, but it turned out too short (either started decreasing too soon or did the decreasing too fast, or both!). This one (shown below) was supposed to be another baby hat, but it turned out too big. And I didn't know that for ribbing you should use a smaller needle and then switch to a larger size... so it looks a little funny.
This was my 4th trial at knitting a hat! It's a little big, even though I did the gauge swatch and the math ;) somehow I ended up measuring my daughter's head one inch too big ;) I did a purl butterfly, which doesn't show up too great on here - but I also spent a great deal of time making a pom-pon for the top ;)
Let's just say that a pom-pon is not the best choice when you have a 4 year old son who likes to pull strings out of things ;) a week later we are still finding little pieces of purple yarn!
Friday, November 27, 2009
The most recent things I've crocheted are birthday hats for my neices
Thursday, July 9, 2009
And here is the first project I actually finished! (Yes, I'm still plugging away at the scarf). It was supposed to be knitted in the round, but I tried over and over to get it, and will have to have someone show me how to knit in the round sometime... I just translated the pattern for straight needles and sewed up the seam...
Thursday, February 26, 2009
The new scarf I made him was hdc, with Vanna's Choice, Dusty Green. I am in love with that color!! Though it just doesn't come out right with the flash and all... picture doesn't do the color justice.
And then I made this scarf for baby sister in DC to match her coat ;) I made it with Caron Simply Soft. It was the first time I used that yarn, and it is pretty nice and soft ;)
I made the bigger size for Duncan, (which was still the child's small). The odd thing is that the bigger sized booties come out a little squared in the toe...
And I had to break down and make myself a new hat. I'd made myself one around x-mas with the Moda Dea Tweedle Dee, which I loved, but turns out I'm allergic to wool. It only had 10% wool, but that was enough to make my eyes water and itch! So I found some bulky yarn that was 100% acrylic.
Seems like a lot of stuff, but really it's just about everything I've made in the past couple of months ;)
Thursday, January 22, 2009
This one was made of the Lily's Sugar and Cream cotton yarn, it turned out pretty :)
This hat was a pattern that I made especially for this wonderful Tweedle Dee yarn from Moda Dea. Love it! This was the fireside color.
And then I made three in the color Blackberry... the first one is adult sizeAnd these two are baby size ;) One for a 9 month old and one for a 2 month old.
While I was making some of the boy hats, my husband requested a hat with lettering on it :) I altered the above pattern quite a bit - it's all dc except for the stripes are sc... but quickly figured out that with the lettering it would have to be sc in the middle section... but did not account for the fact that sc is tighter and has less stretch to it... so its a thinner hat in the lettering band area, will have to try to find a way to remedy that :) Too small for the husband, but Beatrice seems to like it :)
Friday, December 5, 2008
Unfortunately I can't do any showing off of my goods this year. 2 reasons: 1) why would I want to spoil anyone's gift? ;) and 2) I cannot for the life of me get photos uploaded to my blogs! Its been very frustrating as I rely so heavily on pictures for all my blogs :( Someday I will figure it out, until then, no pictures... :(
Monday, November 3, 2008
This one was an ear flap hat that I made last year around Christmas. I just thought if I used a smaller hook for the pattern it would end up baby sized, but it didn't quite work out that way. But it looks like it will fit Beatrice this year! I think the ear flap hat is a good one for her because I can tie it up and she'll have a hard time trying to get it off! Just need to weave in the ends and make the ties :)
This was another one that I made last year at Christmas time that turned out quite smaller than it was supposed to be, but it was still too big for Beatrice last year. Again, this one will fit this year ~ but it will be amazing if she leaves it on her head :)
Amazingly, most of the stuff in my UFO box just need to have the ends weaved in! I think there are only a few things in there that are less than halfway done... someday I will go finish them all up. Maybe after Christmas ;)