Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Sweater!

I had been on the hunt for a nice baby sweater for a long time... I finally found one that I thought was irresistible and simple enough. It's crocheted in one piece :) I found it at Ravelry, it's called "Baby it's cold outside"

I had just enough of the 2nd skein left to make a matching hat!







I also started knitting this hat a week or so ago... coming along, but of course I keep getting sidetracked with sweaters and socks and such ;)


And I love a challenge, and finally figured out how to use the dpns! So decided to try my hand at a pair of socks!! Scary ;)


This was about the 3rd or so hat that I knitted - the first one was a baby hat (translated from dpn's to straight needles!) - the second one was for my older daughter, but it turned out too short (either started decreasing too soon or did the decreasing too fast, or both!). This one (shown below) was supposed to be another baby hat, but it turned out too big. And I didn't know that for ribbing you should use a smaller needle and then switch to a larger size... so it looks a little funny.


This was my 4th trial at knitting a hat! It's a little big, even though I did the gauge swatch and the math ;) somehow I ended up measuring my daughter's head one inch too big ;) I did a purl butterfly, which doesn't show up too great on here - but I also spent a great deal of time making a pom-pon for the top ;)


Let's just say that a pom-pon is not the best choice when you have a 4 year old son who likes to pull strings out of things ;) a week later we are still finding little pieces of purple yarn!

1 comment:

theyarnproject said...

Thank you so much for your comments. Yep, TWO YEARS. Part of me wonders why I thought this would be a good thing, even this early in the game. Lol. Oh well...I started it already.